Saturday 28 April 2012

A rainy Baddow Meads

Today I decided to brave the rain and head down to a very muddy Baddow meads. I did see some good birds including very good views of A male reed Bunting, very close views of skylark and a very close fly-by from a large Carrion Crow. It seems that the Glossy Ibis has moved on and was last reported up river. However the bird of the day was a Chiffchaff that had an unusual call/song. It may have been a Siberian chiffchaff, but I will never know for sure as I didn't get a good view. One thing I have noticed though is the lack of migrants about. This time last year I was seeing Whitethroat, Sedge warbler and Reed Warbler on this patch but this year I am still awaiting a sighting of any of these birds. I just hope that the reason isn't a terrible winter in Africa.
It was too wet for photography so sadly there are no photos of this outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment