Wednesday 25 April 2012

Glossy Ibis self found


Glossy Ibis on Baddow Meads Essex

On the 24th March 2012 I found A stunning Winter plumage Glossy Ibis on my local patch, Baddow Meads, Essex. The Bird had previously been rung in Spain, seen in Wales and then seen in Maldon. I knew this because the bird had the ring number 8J9. On the day I found it I was annoyed that I couldn't go to Maldon to see the ibis and a Green-winged teal (Which I never saw) so I was very surprised to find the bird on my local patch instead. And another plus was it saved me from going on another 'twitch' and personally I don't really like twitching.
The Ibis stayed for at least 3 weeks and was seen by many people.
Here are some pictures of the stunning Bird which is my first major self found.
The bird was great to photograph.
A close up
You can clearly see the ring in this photo.
And as you can see the bird showed extreamly well
My best photo

No comments:

Post a Comment